Thursday, April 11, 2013

Operation Skinny B!+c#

Ok, guys....it is on.  It is time for me to start exercising and getting my act together.  I downloaded a Couch to 5K app for my iPhone and last night I put it to the test.  The workout started with a 5 minute warm-up walk and then 20 minutes alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking and then a 5 minute cool-down walk.  Let me tell you, I am OUT of shape.  It was NOT easy...but I did it.  And I only skipped one of the 60 seconds of jogging (I walked instead).  I did learn, that eating dinner shortly beforehand was an awful idea.  Haha.  I'm really proud of myself for doing it.  I am SOOOO not a runner.  The furthest I've ever had the desire to run was 60 feet between bases on the softball field.  :-)  But last night I walked/ran 2.18 miles.  I also have the Map My Ride app for my iPhone so I used it to track my distance and pace.  (Side note:  How rude is it that a workout app has a McDonald's advertisement.)  Anyway, I hope to be able to continue the Couch to 5K program, bring my weight down and get into better shape.  I'm blogging about it so that I will have someone somewhere to hold me accountable.  Anyone else doing Couch to 5K?  Or just trying to get in shape, in general?


No comments:

Post a Comment