Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review: Cinder

Cinder

Author: 

Release Date: January 3, 2012


Publisher: Feiwel & Friends


Dates Read: March 21 - April 2, 2013

How Acquired: Borrowed from the library

Description: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl...


Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. (Taken from Goodreads.com)

My Review: I can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading this book.  Then again, I'm not allowing myself to purchase any books so it was either win it or wait until the library got it.  Thank goodness for the library.  Anyway, I really liked this book.  I loved the twist on the original Cinderella story.  I really enjoyed the chemistry between Cinder and Prince Kai.  There were parts of the book that supposed to be shocking, but I had kind of figured them out early on.  That was a bit disappointing, but maybe that was just on me.  I thought the book was really interesting and I loved seeing it from a cyborg's point of view.  It was so intriguing to "see" things through Cinder's eyes with her ability to pull up news in her vision and scan people's faces to determine who they are.  What a cool ability.  Then again, she didn't seem too keen on being a cyborg, so maybe it wasn't all that cool.  Anyway, I really liked this book.  And I can't wait to get my hands on Scarlet.

My Rating: Really Liked It



No comments:

Post a Comment