Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Review: Secrets of a Shoe Addict

Secrets of a Shoe Addict

Author: Beth Harbison

Release Date: June 10, 2008


Publisher: St. Martin's Press


Dates Read: January 26 - February 2, 2012

How Acquired: Borrowed from a friend


DescriptionEvery woman has a secret. The question is: How far will she go to make sure it stays secret?

Abbey Walsh never wanted anyone to find out about her shady past. After all, she’s the wife of a minister now, living an exemplary life. That is, until someone shows up from her past with blackmail in mind . . .

Tiffany Vanderslice Dreyer never dreamed that she’d find herself up to her new designer sunglasses in credit card debt from one mad moment of a shopping spree. She’s an upstanding wife and mother with the perfect marriage . . . right?

Loreen Murphy hadn’t meant to hire a male prostitute in Las Vegas. It was all just a big, stupid, and expensive misunderstanding. . . .

Abbey, Tiffany, and Loreen are each in need of thousands of dollars andfast. Tiffany’s sister, Sandra, has the perfect idea. It’s fast, it’s easy, it’s legal, and it’s the secret that kept her shoe addiction alive. It’s the perfect plan. . . .

In this deliciously sassy novel, three very different women bond when they find themselves in more than one kind of trouble. It’s the story of how sometimes you have a secret that can get you in---and out---of dire straits. It’s about romance, friendship, kids, revenge, affairs, and, most of all, a love of the well-heeled things in life.(Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review: I'll admit that I wasn't so sure I would like this book. You see...I am not a fan of shoes (blasphemy, I know). So, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this book was not at all about shoes. I mean, they mentioned shoes a couple of times, but there was a whole lot more going on than that. This book was quite amusing from the very beginning. I found myself laughing out loud several times while reading and at one point even stopped to tell my husband what in the world was so funny. (Side note: He agreed that the scenario was, in fact, really funny.) This book was a really easy to get into and was a very quick read. I thoroughly enjoyed the character development and the way the story unfolded. (It also helps that the book had a good ending.) Overall, I really enjoyed it. If you're in to chick lit, I definitely recommend it.


My Rating: I really liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment