Friday, April 26, 2013

Book Review: First Date

First Date


Author: Krista McGee

Release Date: January 10, 2012


Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers


Dates Read: March 3 - 21, 2012

How Acquired: Won from Goodreads


DescriptionThe last thing Addy Davidson wants is to be on a reality TV show where the prize is a prom date with the President's son.

She's focused on her schoolwork so she can get a scholarship to an Ivy League college, uncomfortable in the spotlight, never been on a date, and didn't even audition for it.

But she got selected anyway.

So she does her best to get eliminated on the very first show. Right before she realizes that the President's son is possibly the most attractive guy she has ever seen in person, surprisingly nice, and seemingly unimpressed by the 99 other girls who are throwing themselves at him.

Addy's totally out of her comfort zone but that may be right where God can show her all that she was meant to be. (Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review: I thought this book was really cute. It was a really refreshing read. Nothing too deep or involved. Just a super cute story about teenagers, a bachelor-like television show and being a Christian in today's society. I really related to Addy's character and she reminded me a lot of myself when I was in high school. I can guarantee I would have felt the same exact way about having to go on a television dating show and about sharing my faith. I thought the addition of her parents' story really helped mold Addy's character and take the story a bit deeper. I would recommend this book if you're looking for a light and fun read. It is a Christian book, but it was not preachy at all (though a non-Christian may feel differently). I thought McGee did a good job of weaving Christianity into the story and showing that Christians are humans too and they make mistakes and get angry with others. Overall, I thought it was a good book.


My Rating: I liked it


Disclaimer:  Goodreads First Reads is a part of Goodreads.com.  Prerelease books are listed for giveaway by publishers and authors.  Winners are picked randomly at the end of the giveaway.

1 comment:

  1. This does sound like a fun book. Thanks for sharing it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete