Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Review: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games

Author: Suzanne Collins

Release Date: September 14, 2008


Publisher: Scholastic Inc.


Dates Read: December 30, 2011 - January 1, 2012

How Acquired: Won

Description: 
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, the shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before--and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that weigh survival against humanity and life against love. (Taken from Goodreads.com)

My Review: I was a bit skeptical at first, but since I'd heard so much about it and there is a movie coming up, I decided to give it a try. I was hooked from the moment Katniss yelled "I volunteer." This book was fantastic. The drama, the action, the twists, and the romance. I absolutely cannot wait to see what the rest of the trilogy holds.


Side Note:  I read and reviewed this book (it was one of my first Goodreads reviews) back in early 2012.  So....apologies for how lacking the review is, but I don't want to change it since it is my original thoughts.  I will say, however, that I absolutely loved The Hunger Games.  It was my first dystopian read and it really drew me to the genre.  I highly recommend it.  And I LOVED the movie!

My Rating: It was amazing




No comments:

Post a Comment