Monday, April 29, 2013

Book Review: Wake

Wake

Author: Lisa McMann

Release Date: March 4, 2008


Publisher: Simon Pulse


Dates Read: February 3 - 5, 2012


How Acquired: Bought


DescriptionFor seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.

She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.

Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....(Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review: When I finally purchased Gone, I decided to go back and read Wake and Fade before I read it and I am so very glad that I did. There were so many details that I had completely forgotten about. I think this is the only book I have ever read twice and I loved it both times. I enjoyed becoming friends with Janie and falling in love with Cabel all over again. I think Lisa McMann does a fantastic job of weaving Janie's dreams (or her involvement in other people's dreams, rather) into the story. Both times I read this book it was in just over 24 hours because I simply could not put it down (and because it was during vacation/weekend). I was hooked from the moment Janie got pulled into the first dream and I couldn't stop reading. I think this is a fantastic book and I couldn't wait to read the second one...again. :-)


My Rating: It was amazing


No comments:

Post a Comment