Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Review: Dead-End Job

Dead-End Job

Author: Vicki Grant

Release DateMay 1, 2005


Publisher: Orca Book Publishers


Dates Read: March 27, 2012


How Acquired: Borrowed from the library


DescriptionFrances works the night shift at a local convenience store, dividing her time between restocking shelves and working on her art. Her routine is broken one night when Devin comes into the store. He claims to be the son of a famous local artist and offers her advice on her drawings. Although he seems to know way too much about her, Frances decides, against the advice of her boyfriend, that he is odd but harmless. By the time she realizes the danger she is in, Devin is completely obsessed with her and convinced that if he can't have her, no one will. Frances will be forced to use all her strength to escape from Devin. (Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review: I picked this one up when I was in the library. I was looking for a quick read and something I could easily carry around with me. This book fit the bill. Of course I didn't count on it being as quick a read as it was. I read it in an hour. It was an ok book. Considering the length, I think the author did a good job of telling the story. With the exception of the Devin character, there was very little character description/development going on. The story was interesting. It caught my attention and I was curious to see how things turned out. It wasn't anything too exciting though. Overall, it was ok.


My Rating: It was ok

No comments:

Post a Comment