Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Operation Skinny

I stayed pretty busy this weekend.  Got a little workout in here and there.  Saturday morning the hubby and I took the little one downtown for the Festival of Fun.  We did a lot of walking, just wandering around downtown, checking everything out.  I forgot to turn my tracker on as soon as we left the car, so I probably walked a little over 2 miles total.  Of course it wasn't at a fast pace, since we were just strolling, but still...it was something.

Later on Saturday afternoon (after nap time, of course) the little one wanted to play outside, as usual.  So the hubby and I decided to take her for a bike ride.  She's not old enough to ride on her own, but my husband's bike has a kid's seat on it.  So, we took a nice 2 mile bike ride around the neighborhood.  It's been quite a while since I rode a bike and let me tell you....that seat did not feel good on my boo-tay.



Sunday night I finally got back to my Couch to 5K training.  It was already getting dark out, so I opted for the treadmill, instead of the open road.  And let me just say...I love a treadmill.  While I do enjoy the fresh air and scenery of the open road....a treadmill lets me read, or watch TV/Netflix.  And...our treadmill is actually in our garage, so all I have to do is hit the garage door button and I get some fresh air to go with it.  During my walk/run on Sunday, I took the time to watch some General Hospital on my iPad.  (The pic is a little blurry since I was walking when I took it.  There's nothing like killing two birds with one stone.


I didn't go as far as I had before when I did the trek around the neighborhood, but I did find it much easier to do this time around.  I was able to jog during all of the times I was supposed to, and I actually felt like I wanted to keep going when I was done.  (I think it helped that I didn't eat dinner just before walking/running this time.  Haha.)  Obviously the tracker didn't produce a map, since I was on the treadmill, but it does give pace and calories burned details.  I'm proud of myself.  It's definitely a start!



I'm trying to keep up with doing it every other day, so tonight is my night to do it again.  I don't know if I'll be able to fit it in my schedule, but I'm going to try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment