Saturday, April 20, 2013

Book Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay

Author: Suzanne Collins

Release Date: August 24, 2010


Publisher: Scholastic Press


Dates Read: January 5 - 12, 2012

How Acquired: Purchased

DescriptionAgainst all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year. (Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review:  ** SPOILER ALERT** 


If you don't want to know what happens...don't read this. You've been warned...

While I did really enjoy this book, I was a bit disappointed in how it all turned out.

I spent the entire series being torn between Peeta and Gale...I could never choose just who I wanted her to be with. Because of that, I was still happy she ended up with Peeta...but I was very disappointed with how things were left with Gale. I mean...maybe it was bomb, maybe it wasn't...but she's just going to not speak to him ever again? Like he is banished to District 2 or something? I thought that was a pretty weak conclusion to that part of the story.

Additionally, why did they have to kill Fennick? That was totally unnecessary! He just got married and apparently (from a mention later in the book) Annie was pregnant. I was so upset about that.

And last but not least, I enjoyed the book, I thought the build up to the president's assassination was fantastic, the way it was carried out was great and then the rest of the book was just very bland. She was locked in a room alone while her trial was held? That trial could have been interesting. I would have liked to have heard about it. And then she was just sent back to District 12 and sat in front of a fire for months and then one day she slept with Peeta. What the crap? It was like action, action, action, suspense, climax, b-o-r-i-n-g, a small amount of closure, the end.

Overall I enjoyed the book, I LOVED the series, but I was just a little heartbroken at the way the end of this one was carried out. Oh well...you can't love them all. :-)

My Rating: I really liked it


No comments:

Post a Comment