Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Town

I hope that, by now, you people know just how much I love gifs.  

Anyway, borrowed another movie from the library.  This one had Ben Affleck and Jeremy Renner in it...yes, please!  And besides...I love a good cop movie.


Summary from the Warner Brothers website:  As he plans his next job that could result in his gang's biggest score ever, a longtime thief plans his way out of the life and the town while dodging the FBI agent looking to bring him and his bank-robbing crew down.  In addition to heading an electrifying cast, Ben Affleck also directed and co-wrote this suspenseful, critically-acclaimed crime thriller that unfolds - and often explodes - across gritty Boston locations.  Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm, Jeremy Renner, Blake Lively, Titus Welliver, Pete Postlethwaite and Chris Cooper also star.

I thought the movie was great.  Who doesn't love an Irish bad boy with a Boston accent?  I thought the story line was really interesting especially how Affleck and Hall meet and then begin a relationship.  Although Affleck played a criminal, I felt like his character was developed in such a way that you almost wanted to see him escape the lifestyle as opposed to being caught and imprisoned. (My husband would flip if he heard me say that.)  Overall, it was a really good movie.  I highly recommend it if you're into cop movies (or Ben Affleck).

No comments:

Post a Comment