Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Harris Teeter Score


So last week I made a trip to Harris Teeter during their "Super Double Coupons" sale.  What is exciting about this sale is that they will double coupons with a face value of up to $2.00 (normally they'll only do up to $0.99).

Well, I visited Southern Savers and checked out all the deals that she had spotted and made sure I had all of the coupons I needed and I headed off to the store.  And I am happy to report that I spent just over $16 for all of the above pictured items!  I saved over $40!!!

Here's a quick breakdown of what I spent...
  • Bananas - weren't on sale, but we needed them - paid $1.81 for them.
  • Danimals Crunchers
    • They are regularly $3.99 each.
    • They were on sale for $2.00 each.
    • I had a 2 $0.50 off coupons, which doubled to $1.00 off (for each coupon).
    • I paid $1.00 for each of them.
  • Farm Rich Mozerella Sticks
    • They are regularly $7.39.
    • They were on sale for $4.99.
    • I had a $0.75 off coupon, which doubled to $1.50 off.
    • I paid $3.49 for them.
  • Garnier Fructis Shampoo and Conditioner
    • They are regularly $3.85 each.
    • They were on sale for $2.99 each.
    • I had 2 $1.00 off coupons, which doubled to $2.00 off (for each coupon).
    • I paid $0.98 for each of them.
  • Gorton's Grilled Fillets 
    • They are regularly $3.99 each.
    • They were on sale for $1.99 each.
    • I had 2 $0.75 off coupons, which doubled to $1.50 off (for each coupon).
    • I paid $0.49 for each of them.
  • Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
    • They are regularly $1.69 each.
    • They were on sale for $1.00 each.
    • I had a coupon for $1.00 off 3, which doubled to $2.00 off.
    • I paid $0.33 for each of them.
  • Mario Sliced Black Olives
    • They are regularly $1.69.
    • They were on sale for $0.75.
    • I had a $0.30 off coupon, which doubled to $0.60 off.
    • I paid $0.15 for them.
  • Oreos Grab & Go
    • They are regularly $3.79.
    • They were on sale for $3.50.
    • I had a $1.00 off coupon, which doubled to $2.00 off.
    • I paid $1.50 for them.
  • Reach Floss
    • They are regularly $1.49 each.
    • I had a coupon for $1.00 off 2, which doubled to $2.00 off.
    • I paid $0.49 for each of them.
  • Uncle Ben's Rice Cups
    • They are regularly $1.59 each.
    • They were on sale for $1.00 each.
    • I had a coupon for $1.00 off 2, which doubled to $2.00 off.
    • I paid $0.00 for them.
  • Whole Fruit Bars
    • They are regularly $4.59.
    • I had a coupon for one free product.
    • I paid $0.00 for them.
So I was pretty excited about my score.  So excited, in fact, that I ended up going back a couple days later and grabbing some more yogurt, shampoo and conditioner, frozen filets and olives.

And...on my second trip I discovered something amazing....

Harris Teeter will accept Target coupons.

I was in the back of the store near the yogurt and I spotted a pallet of the 16.something pound Purina dog food (Puppy Chow and Little Bites, which we feed our dogs).  These bags are $17.99 and they were buy one get one free.  Shut up!!!  So I grabbed a bag of each and then, on my way up to the register, remembered that I had two $1.00 Purina coupons, but they were Target coupons.  So when I got to the register, I asked the girl if they accepted them and she said yes.  (They don't double them, since the other stores wouldn't double them, but they accept them).  I was so excited!  I got $36 worth of dog food for $16!  Yay, me!!!

What about you guys....have you found any really great deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment