Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Book Review: Fifty Shades Freed

Fifty Shades Freed

Author: E L James

Release DateJanuary 19, 2012


Publisher: The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House


Dates Read: May 20 - June 2, 2012


How Acquired: Bought


DescriptionWhen unworldly student Ana Steele first encountered the driven, damaged young entrepreneur Christian Grey, it sparked a sensual affair that changed both their lives irrevocably. Shocked, intrigued, and ultimately repelled by Christian's singular sexual tastes, Ana demanded a deeper commitment; determined to keep her, Christian agreed. Now, together, they have more-love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of infinite possibilities. But Ana always knew that loving her Fifty Shades would not be easy and being together poses challenges neither of them ever anticipated. Ana must somehow learn to share Christian's opulent lifestyle without sacrificing her own integrity, identity, or independence; Christian must somehow overcome his compulsion to control and lay to rest the horrors that blighted his past and haunt his present. Just when it seems that together their love can conquer any obstacle, tragedy, malice and fate combine to make Ana's worst nightmares come true. (Taken from Goodreads.com)


My Review: Well...I think it is official...I don't do well with trilogys. It's almost like you really can have too much of a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I really liked this book, but I didn't think it was amazing like the first two (which is exactly what happened with The Hunger Games Trilogy and The Wake Trilogy, too). I really enjoyed Fifty Shades Freed, because I still loved the characters, but the story was just not as riveting as the other two books. First of all there was a point, maybe about 200 pages in, where I was just like "ugh, is this book ever going to be over!?!" It just started to get dry and I couldn't get into it. I finally pushed through and really did enjoy the whole thing, but it was just not as much as the first two. Christian's personality changed so much it was almost unbelievable. I mean, I loved lovey Christian, but it just seemed out of character. Oh well. With regards to the story line, I think E.L. James did a good job of wrapping it up. I feel like there was a good ending and I don't feel left wondering. However, I wish there had been more information about what happened to Hyde and Elizabeth...and also Mia and Ethan. And why didn't we ever find out why Gia was in Aspen? I get that those weren't major characters or major parts of the story, but still...I would have liked to know. Overall, I really liked the book and I am still in love with Christian Grey.


My Rating: I really liked it

No comments:

Post a Comment