Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Book Review: Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush

Author:   

Release Date: October 13th, 2010


Dates Read:  July 22 - August 2, 2012

Publisher:   Simon & Schuster

How Acquired:  Borrowed from library


Description:  When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.

But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen? (Taken from Goodreads.com)

My Review: First of all I just want to say I'm really surprised that the highest voted reviews on Goodreads of this book are all people who disliked the book. I, for one, loved this book. It is one I have had my eye on for quite some time. The cover was so intriguing that I just had to read it. I never did get around to buying it though and I just happened upon it in my library a while back. I am so glad that I finally got a chance to read this book because it was fantastic. I thought it had a great deal of suspense, there were characters I could not quite figure out until the big reveal, and there was such drama. I loved it. I knew there was something off with Patch from the get-go, but I couldn't quite figure him out. I felt like he was supposed to be a bad guy, but that he wasn't. Well the author did a good job of writing his character, because I simply could not figure him out. I enjoyed seeing the interactions between Patch and Nora and was always left wanting more. Vee got on my nerves a bit, I mean really, why would you want to go camping with a guy you have known for like two weeks, but whatever. Overall, I loved the book. I thought it was fantastic. 

My Rating:  Amazing


No comments:

Post a Comment