Monday, December 3, 2012

Book Talk

Ok, so lately I've been so busy that I haven't read much of anything.  I've checked several books out from the library, but couldn't bring my self to get into, much less finish, any of them.  I first tried Withering Tights by Louise Rennison.  Well, the story is based on a girl in England and the language was just too much.  I know the way they speak in England isn't all that different than the way we speak in America, but I don't know why, I just couldn't get into it.

Knowing that the language differences were the issue with that book, I don't know what possessed me to next attempt to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.  Seriously, Emily?  So, I read probably the first 10-12 pages and thought to myself  "no, sorry, not going to happen."  It was rather interesting how close to the actual Pride and Prejudice it was, but not interesting enough for me to read the whole thing.

Lastly, I attempted to read The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch.  Now, I got further in this book than either of the other two.  I actually really enjoyed it for a while.  I read probably half a dozen chapters before the boys dad goes into a coma and he begins remembering his mom's death.  I'll admit it, ever since I had a child of my own, I'm a wimp when it comes to stuff like this.  I just can't handle it.  So, I put the book down and couldn't read any more.

Now, this attempt to read has been going on for three months.  The last book I read completely I finished on September 3rd.  Granted all my television shows came back on, so I've had them to distract me, but it's been three months since I read a book and really got into it.  Well...last week I was browsing the library shelves and I came across something I've been thinking about reading for a while.  I bypassed it and kept looking for something more lighthearted, maybe holiday themed, an easy read.  But there wasn't anything that caught my eye, so I went back to my original find.  Well...I began reading it on Friday night and have had a really hard time putting it down.  I've read 8 chapters, almost 200 pages and with a one year old following me around 12-14 hours a day that is quite a feat.  I just find it so interesting and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens.  I know it isn't a book that everyone would be interested in, but I certainly am.  And so...without further delay...the book I'm currently reading is...

But if you looked at my sidebar you probably already knew that, so whatever.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment